“Enterprising school” is an educational program that was established in Ida-Viru County in 2006 and is directed towards the integration of enterprising learning into the school system in order to improve the quality of education and thereby increase young people’s success in life.
The purpose of education in enterprising learning is to shape an enterprising attitude. Each teacher can help and encourage young people during the learning process to adopt an I want-I can–I will attitude, be a courageous leader, look for new solutions, be highly motivated, work with others, set goals, achieve results, be responsible and caring, be capable of self-analysis and complete started activities.
Implementation of the “Enterprising school” model will help educational institutions to:
- connect learning with real life, where you don’t play, but do actual things and activities;
- successfully cooperatewith parents and partners;
- make learning more interesting;
- put a sparkle in the eyes ofboth pupils and teachers;
- contribute to the localcommunity by actually making something happen.
„Enterprising school“ network consists of educational institutions that define the goal of education as shaping an enterprising approach through learning the basis of national curriculum.
„Enterprising school“ has expanded to each Estonian county, where county development centres (MAK) coordinate the program on a local level. Head to the contacts section to see who is your county’s coordinator.